- Natural Resources
- Social Sector
- Women & Child Welfare
- Differently Abled
- Press Release
Social welfare is of prime importance to government because of the inclusion of the term socialist in the preamble of the constitution. For ensuring equality and justice for all sections of society, a variety of social welfare interventions and schemes are necessary.
Every district has a District Social Welfare Officer who is entrusted to effective implementation of following acts and provisions.
· THE PROHIBITION OF CHILD MARRIAGE ACT 2006
· REGISTRATION OF ALL CHILD CARE INSTITUTIONS UNDER THE JUVENILE JUSTICE ACT 2000.
· THE MAINTENANCE AND WELFARE OF PARENTS AND SENIOR CITIZENS ACT, 2007
· DOWRY PROHIBITION ACT, 1961
Some of the important schemes are as follows
· Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Ninaivu Marriage Assistance Scheme
· E.V.R Maniammaiyar Ninaivu Widow Daughter Marriage Assistance Scheme
· Annai thersa Orphan Girl Marriage Assistance Scheme'
· Dr. Dharmambal Ammaiyar Ninavu Widow ReMarriage Assistance Scheme
· Dr. Muthu lakshmi Reddy Ninaivu Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme
· Sivagami Ammaiyar Ninaivu Girl child production Assistanc
Click here for the list of schemes and eligibility (Size : 564KB, Language : Tamil)
|Page Last Updated on 23/06/2016|
© Contents owned and updated by District Administration, Kanniyakumari District @ Nagercoil.
Site Designed, developed and maintained by National Informatics Centre, Kanniyakumari.
For Details Contact The District Collector, email : collrkkm[@]nic.in
Best Viewed with 1024x768 resolution